Who we are
At Dynacure, our mission is to develop and commercialize novel therapies to transform the lives of patients with rare diseases who have limited or no treatment options.
We are currently developing DYN101, an investigational antisense product candidate designed to reduce the expression of dynamin 2 protein for the treatment of Myotubular and Centronuclear Myopathies, in strategic collaboration with Ionis Pharmaceuticals. We are also building a complementary research portfolio targeting other rare disorders, including its DYN201 program for the treatment of Hereditary Spastic Paraplegias (caused by mutations in the SPG11 gene).
Our Dynacure team leverages its proven track record in rare disease drug development to build a pipeline of novel drug candidates
To support Dynacure’s development, we’re currently hiring a Senior Associate Scientist/Engineer M/F, for 12 months contract, starting in September 2021.
Job Overview and Purpose
As part of the Research department, you’ll test innovative therapies in neuromuscular diseases. You will provide in vitro and biomolecular expertise to the research team. You will be in charge of designing, executing and analyzing complex assays or experiments in an independent manner in accordance with project requirements. In parallel, you’ll be responsible for lab and stock management, equipment maintenance and specifically designated tasks related to lab or platform responsibilities.
Your Responsibilities and Duties
- Design experiments in accordance with project requirements
- Plan work, executes, analyze and interpret results, write reports and propose next steps in accordance with project timelines
- Pro-actively troubleshoot, improve and adapt existing methods and techniques
- Design new protocols as necessary
- Ability to work on multiple projects and adapt priorities
- Present data, results and ideas in a clear and comprehensive way internally
- Supervise associate scientists and students
Education level and Experience
- Qualification related to life sciences (Master or equivalent)
- With at least 3 years of similar job experience
- Previous experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment may be prioritized
- Previous experience in neuromuscular/neurological diseases field will be prioritized
- Extensive cell culture experience with both animal and human cell lines, including immortalized and primary cells. Experience with differentiation of muscle cell lines may be prioritized. Experience with stem cells is a plus
- Extensive experience in developing and running biomolecular assays
- Previous experience working with different types of biological material (Human, NHP, mice, cell lines, primary cells, whole blood)
Previous experience with at least 2 of the following techniques: RT-qPCR, Western Blot, ELISA, Histology/Immunochemistry
In vivo experience with mice is a plus
Minimum B2 English level (written and spoken)
- Autonomous, Passioned, Rigorous, Excellent Interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication skills, Strong analytical and problem-solving ability, You are Multi-tasking and Team player
Specificity of the job
- Type of employment: non-permanent contract, full time
- Status: cadre
- Salary: DOE
- Working time: 35H per week
- Complementary Health insurance and Insurance plan, Restaurant vouchers Location in the Parc d’Innovation Illkirch Graffenstaden, near Strasbourg, France.
To be part of Dynacure’s Development, send us your Resume and Cover Letter to before 15th of September at email@example.com
850 Boulevard Sébastien Brant 67400 Illkirch – Graffenstaden France